Friday, September 26, 2014

Just a Little Stroll

We had originally worried that we would have a hard time seeing everything that we wanted to in Rome in the four days that we are here, but that wasn't such an issue. We ended up being in walking distance to nearly everything. We walked to the Parthenon, Coliseum, the Forums, the Vatican and the Treve Fountain during the first two days that we were there.


One of the coolest things about Rome is that it is so clear that there is an ancient city amongst you. There was about a square block of ruins just 100 meters from our hostel that had been unearthed and fenced off and given to the cats. Seriously, it was like a cat zone with about 50 cats just roaming around the walls and caves in it. 

We did our fair share of walking, but we also did more than our fair share of eating. I love Gelato, with a deep burning passion. I usually had it twice a day and we ate three real Italian meals a day. The lasagna was magical, the parmisan cheese they put on everything, the real Italian pizza... I could go on and on. I decided though that if I only get four days in this place I wanted to do it right.