Friday, September 26, 2014

A long long trip to Kim

My two week free time period has started! My travels went as planned for the most part, except in Latvia where the border control looked my passport over for an unreasonably long time because I am about to run out of time before I need the visa. Made me REALLY nervous.

Kim met me at the airport and we set off on a tour of Aberdeen! We ate fish and chips and then ice cream (all of which was out of this world amazing) then we started looking at sights. There is a large set of castle ruins called Dunnottar Castle that are on an island on the coast. It was a bit of a walk, but the castle was worth it. Then we drove to the top of a hill for a great view of Northern Scotland. 


Eventually we made our way back to Kim's house and met her Mom, Dad and brother. Even though we had both had a long day and were tired we had one more task for this day, to pick up Adam. Adam is my fellow Colorado IFYE traveler and he is coming on my travels for the two weeks. He just happened to get in on the 10:00 pm flight, not the 10:00 am, so off we went for another 3 hours in the car.

By the time we got home we were all ready for bed!