Thursday, November 20, 2014

Last Family, Last Country

I arrived to the Tremohlen family on the evening of the 18th in Kleve after a very long train ride across the entire country. I say entire country because I was close to CZ in the last family and am now 15 minutes from Holland.

My new family:
Peter-host father
Petra-host mother
Felix- brother, at school in Bavaria
Matias- brother 19
Judith- sister 16, spent a semester in New Zealand and speaks awesome English.
Lennart- brother 12

I have yet to meet Felix but everyone else seems very nice.

On my first day I got to ride in the truck to deliver sugar beats to the factory, I couldn't believe they are still harvesting! I also got to ride on the harvester.


Later on I went to town with Petra and Matias and we saw the new university in town and the old town center with the famous swan castle. I also learned that Anne of Cleve's (queen of England for a while)  was from Kleve, which is pretty neat!

One last note worthy fact is that the Tremohlen family are turkey farmers and they currently have 9,000 adult turkeys and will be getting 22,000 chicks in sometime tomorrow. And Thanksgiving is only a week away... :)