Thursday, November 20, 2014

Close but No Halloween

As I may have mentioned before this family sells chickens to restraunts all over Germany, being the social people my host parents are they are friends with some of the restauraunt owners and we were invited to the daylight savings meal at a French restauraunt.

It was really cool so see how the chickens that I helped feed and slaughter were eventually consumed.  The restauraunt served a menu that was filled with normal foods prepared in very strange ways such as a stroganoff that was deconstructed and an ice cream dessert that included candied potatoes, it was all very strange but good, I'm all about new experiences right? The food was wonderful, the company was better, much wine was consumed and I remembered to turn back my clock. I'd call that a good night!

The last day was spent in another town on "The List" -- Heidelberg!





I was so excited to see this town and castle because it is the one that everyone talked about, and it was wonderful, really wonderful. We went on a guided tour (in English woot woot!) and learned about the history of the building and those that inhabited it. Including the three times it was destroyed. The town was beautiful and there were many shops specializing in odd things. I found a chocolate shop that made chocolate dessert noodles, weird right?

On the way home we stopped at a Halloween store where Konner got the needed parts for his costume, this was hard since I have grown to really like this family leaving right before an event like their Halloween party was hard.

The final evening was spent sipping wine and playing card games. I really enjoyed staying with this family and was sad to leave it!