Tuesday, October 14, 2014

IFYE part 2 Family part 2

I got to the Biblis train station at about 15:00 on Saturday the eleventh, just as planned and my new mom Dagmar Ochsenschlager met me.

This family is made up of:
Dagmar- mom
Siggy - dad
Tassilo - brother
Connor- exchange student from Canada

They live in a small town of about a thousand people and run a farm and a bed and breakfast. The farm produces chickens for meat and eggs, 15 types of potatoes, turkeys, guineas, pigs, cows, soy beans, sugar beets, corn, and wheat. Most of it gets sold in their farm store by the house.

There is sooo much going on here. I'm sure it will be a good family for me to stay with and learn from.

Dinner the first night was bbq, roasting marshmallows, and cherry beer punch. Good food and good company, I'm off to a great start!