Tuesday, October 14, 2014

End of the Beginning

My last week was a marathon of work experience.

First with Sigret, she is a teacher at a school in a nearby town where she teaches cooking. In her class we make the food that they sell at the snack kiosk and any special meals for meetings. I also attended an English class for higher level students and was really impressed, Manifest Destiny, really? Even Americans don't spend much time on that!

Then on Tuesday I went to work with Pia who is a waitress and helper at a country club/bed and breakfast thing where we prepared tables and rooms and food and served and just ran around doing everything. Her job is exhausting.

On Wednesday, I went with Sigret again. Same stuff, different menu. Haha.

Thursday I helped with cows, cleaned stalls and made my taco dinner. I have resigned myself to the idea that it will never be as good as taco Tuesday with the Pynonnen family.

Friday, Marten and I went to Hamburg and saw everything we could in one day: a submarine tour, a port tour, the miniature wunderland, the dungeon, the red light district of Hamburg, and finally, the coast of the river so I could get some German sand incase I don't make it to the ocean here.

That night I packed and said my goodbyes to everyone and left in the morning at 8:00am for my next family!

I want you all to know that I had way more written about Hamburg, but then the computer deleted my draft, and I'm getting cranky with the Kindle and decided it was best to summarize and not chuck my Kindle at a wall. Google the dungeon and miniature wunderland because they were awesome.